Learn about me, real estate, embroidery, travel, negotiating and most of all and more importantly my journey and my study of the Bible and Jesus presence in my life.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weeds and Seeds who can tell

So when you get up between 3:00 and 5:00 AM you have a lot of time on your hands. This is really good for things like personal growth, getting down and dirty into God's word but then there is that time you start thinking. Your mind rolls over and over. If you do not have something on itunes you can concentrate on or your not doing your lesson or something, this time can get really scary. You allow yourself to be convinced of things that just are not true. I think this is what God meant in Matthew 13 when he discussed the weeds and the seeds. While we were sleeping he said and enemy planted weeds among the good seeds he had planted. Can't pull those suckers out either. If the weeds are removed from the good seeds they will never grow into maturity into the fullness of the depth of knowing him. So they must stay. They are all around us and we can't hardly tell one from another. My friend Marcy...see sweetness on places I hang out...has a quote on her Face that says "I hope the fruit of my life says it all, if it doesn't I'm in trouble." I read this every time I see her precious face on Facebook. It is in fact the fruit that separates the weeds from the seeds.

Dear God, let me be a seed and let me seek the answers in your word and only in your word. Amen.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Trace, thank you for the blog. I seriously thought about changing my "religious" tag on facebook... thanks for noticing. I also needed to be reminded of the weeds in my life. I so desperately want them all removed yet I don't want bald patches in my "beautiful" landscape! LOL I think in the process of recognizing all the "non-seeds" in our life I can see God so patiently pointing them out to us but we're to busy running around like ADHD children to notice.

I agree..the silence can be scary. I'm sure God knew the total silence during the butt crack of dawn morning quiet time session that He'd be more able to get our attention. And, the gravity and importance of the verse where God says "be still and know that I am God" is pretty amazing. In his infinite wisdom He knew that he had to command us to BE STILL! In the stillness (which often times breaks us into a cold sweat) He is so faithful to make himself more known to us. How crazy is that?!